Saturday 28 March 2015

Lights flickering





I thought better than staying home tonight and feeling sorry for myself and my little heart. So instead I decided to take a chance on life and go to a deep house music party with a lovely kid called Max.

He was a boy I had just met at a birthday hours earlier. A boy who had bought two tickets for this gig, in the hope that he may find someone o go with him when the time and day came.

Max is a beautiful boy. Sparkling blue eyes and long healthy hair like Mick Jagger had in the 60's. He wore hyper coloured bright pants, and awkwardly told me, I was gorgeous. Several times. Despite me being bloated feeling really gross in my current low state of mind.

He is sweet and incredibly intelligent, he owns an old school nokia phone with the snake game on it....One of those flip phones, no social media, no selfless, no scrolling to distract you from the moment in front of you. He is genuine, and also recommended several books I should read, all written by incredible authors in the 60's.

We danced, we talked, we sipped on vodka lime and sodas. Several times throughout the night, I thought about how wonderful he was but how he was not you, and you and I, we have this ridiculously amazing connection, it's rather special and not much can compare to that. But by the end of the night, I had kind of grew to like max. And, how genuine he was. he had nowhere to go, no one else to see, just happy to be here with me, present in the moment. Girls kept trying to hit on him, because he's a total babe, but he'd innocently look over and point to me as to say  -  My attention is taken tonight.

When I was tired, he reached out his hand, and walked me to the car stand. He paid the driver to take me home, we smiled and exchanged a hug along with our numbers. I waved goodbye as I drove off for home.....I thought I think i'll see him again, he's rather lovely.

He's still not you, but I guess that will take time....

1 comment:

  1. The night had a surprise waiting for you, after all.

    ReplyDelete