Thursday 15 September 2011

To Wrap My Arms Around You




Abby turned her back to him, staring at the dull brick wall. Sleep again was escaping her, becoming elusive, she could feel the blood rushing through her body, there was no way sleep was going to come anytime soon. Not with all the thoughts that were lingering around in her mind.
Those thought of him and her future. What would her future hold? Here she was about to enroll into arts college, about to begin the rest of her life, the life she had always dreamed about,  but now, it was going to be without him.  Would life be the same? Would there be sleepless nights? Would there be tossing and turning and wondering what if? What if she just stayed here? Forever….. Would she be happier? She couldn't think about it. She was moving on. It was too late for what if's.

I wonder where he will be this time next year she thought. When I am gone. What if he falls in love with someone else? The very thought of that pained her. It was like a stab going through the pits of her stomach. She couldn’t imagine him with anyone else, but yet she had to. Because today she was leaving. This was the final goodbye.
Will he remember me she thought? Will he remember our first conversation?  Will he even realise the impact his love had on me? I wonder if he will remember the moment he told me to stop worrying about saving the world and enjoy this moment, the here, the now. Suddenly she remembered the smile on his face as she had told him she had finally learnt how to enjoy the ‘here and now’ what a fun day that had been. And now…this was the end of the here and now for them both. She had made up her mind, she was leaving and so was he. Two people were about to set out on two separate journeys, in opposite sides of the world. I wonder she thought, I wonder if he will ever think of me, or will I just be a distant memory, forgotten, someone he once use to know but no longer thinks about… Will he remember the times we spent being kids again? The days by the ocean? The nights getting drunk on sweet red wine and laughing all the way home? I wonder she thought and with that, she shut her eyes and tried to drown out the noises inside her head.




No comments:

Post a Comment