Monday 7 April 2014

You only regret the chances you didn't take




You stood in the doorway, your hands by your side 'don't leave' you said

Please stay...
But she was afraid, afraid of hat staying meant, but I was afraid... Afraid of you, of me, of the situation how it reminded me so much of the last... Afraid that staying means opening up - possibly hurting myself again... So I ran, I ran as fast and far away as I possibly could, a place where I could collect my thoughts and maybe come back one day, with an empty head, an empty heart and a clean memory.... but, time... It doesn't wait for you and sometimes, just sometimes .... It's a little too late. 
Goodbye my friend. I wish I would have stayed. 

We only regret the chances, we didn't take.

1 comment:

  1. my great-grandmother, one of the most beuatiful and marvelous women i have ever seen and met, did survive the nazis, a world war and died when she was almost hundred. She gave me one piece of advice (amongst many) this reminded me of : "make mistakes my darling child, you only regret the things you did not do in the end"

    ReplyDelete