Monday 21 April 2014

Survival by Disassociation



"Emotional detachment in the first sense above often arises from psychological trauma and is a component in many anxietyand stress disorders. The person, while physically present, moves elsewhere in the mind, and in a sense is "not entirely present", making them sometimes appear preoccupied or distracted. "

As I am thrown into the tsunami of my life, i have lost my will to write. I have lost my will process emotions for i have subconsciously blocked every emotion in my body and mind in order to survive this season and come out alive. I wonder why I do that? Shut down entirely. I am my own zoloft. I put a lid on happiness, sadness, fear, anger, and anything in between. I just want to be able to feel again, but strength is winning, and in that i am finding it difficult to write about anything Not humorous, not painful not even joyful. Out of everything I am missing about myself, i miss my relationship with words the most.

5 comments:

  1. why do you always feel like i feel and phrase it so well i am my own zoloft omg that is so IT (i ws lulu at sugarstorm before deleted, the old blog because it got soo heavy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was drawn to your writing for a reason....sugarstorm was my steadfast friend.....the words connected with my heart. :) xx

      Delete
    2. I miss you. maybe you like the new blog, I'll keep writing there, from time to time, i guess. the old one was too heavy, of things past, and some pretty stalkery followers and weird rude commenter... maybe it was too open, too personal.. god YOU are missed

      Delete