Wednesday 18 January 2012

I am ME.






















And then you realise, that’s not who you are.
Whilst you were trying to be someome else, you actually became, yourself
You discovered exactly who you are and who God created you to be
The past year, was the hardest year of my life
I plunged off the highest building in the upper east side and fell flat on my face
I tore more ligaments and fractured more of my skull than even MY overflowing cabinet full of painkillers and prescription drugs could heal.
I cried a bath full of tears
EVERY.DAY.
And today I woke up and I looked at him, the boy I thought I liked
and suddenly I realised, I don’t like him at all
or his life
or the person I become when I am around him
I am not her
I am not the girl that changes in order to please someone else, or fit into their lifestyle,not even for…
LOVE 
Not even for someone who would tick all of my boxes and look pretty on my arm or even...sitting on my balcony one hand holding a cigarette, the other hand clutching a rum & coke, and coke and possibly more coke
glued to the substances that make him happier than i ever could, so I should just stop trying. I can't be someone else. I can't be powder or plant or chemical.
And life, well life isn’t about boxes or looks, it’s about freedom, freedom to be yourself and be accepted just as you are, not changed, not willing to change, not refining……just because it suits someone else
Today I found her again,
the girl YOU (the boy on the blacklist-the one I didn’t chose or change for, the one who doesn’t even tick ONE box, but every box at the same time)  fell in love with
He fell in love with the fun, funny carefree one.
The one who actually doesn’t care what people think of her
unlike him
and today, i am taking back that girl because it’s the only one that makes me happy, and really the only one i know how to be, without trying. She is me - being me. I make myself happy. 

1 comment:

  1. The last sentence of this post is the truest thing I believe. Its only you who can make yourself happy. That's called true happiness! :)

    Love!

    http://inthepourinrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete