Monday 14 May 2012

For My BestFriend


It feels like yesterday when you would ride your push bike to my house;
Suzi, Suzi – you would call out my name, and we could go out to play;

It was 12 years ago,

It feels like two days ago when we would get dressed up at your house and sip wine in your living room, laughing at the catastrophes that took place the night before; preparing for the new night ahead, more fun, more parties, more stories..

It was almost 11 years ago

It feels like a week ago when we would dance till sun up, party like there was no room for tomorrow, had no worries in the world, we were young, full of life and thought we would live forever, forever young – it was the song I dedicated to you on your 21st birthday, as the DJ hit play I RAN across the club lifted you in my arms and spun you around – ‘I love you so much I screamed, you’re the best friend any girl could ever ask for, thank you for coming into my life!!’ the music echoing through the speakers, caught up in the moment, forgetting that I had just lifted your denim mini as high as I had just lifted you, exposing more than the eye cares to see to the patrons of the club, the same club we frequented week after week, but we didn’t care, we had each other, the music and we were loving life.

That was 8 years ago

Those were the days when tomorrow was a lifetime away and all we cared about was today.
It was seems like yesterday when I watched you marry the love of your life, it felt like I had blinked and you had gone from this young teenager running around in her ripped blockout jeans, with a scotch and bourbon in her hand, to today, holding the arm of a man who was to become her husband. You were about to be a wife. I bawled and bawled. My best friend was no longer the young girl on her bike with a drink in her hand, she was now a woman, about to be someone’s wife.

Part of me cried for selfish reasons, for the fact that I could no longer just drop into your living room whenever I felt like it, I could no longer share every night of the week with you tucked into your lounge with you and a hot tea, sometimes a wine, watching the notebook over and over again ‘Suzi, you’ll love this movie, trust me, you will cry, you're such a romantic, I know you'll cry’ you’d say. And cry I did. We would lay there, planning our future, who we would marry, how many kids we would have, where we would live, reminiscing the party yesterday, planning the one tomorrow.

Today, this girl was about to grow up. She was about to become some-one’s wife. No longer a girl, now a woman. I was going to miss the young you but I was over excited to see what the future had for you. And I knew, no matter how different our lives would be from this moment on, we would ALWAYS be by each others side. We would never change. Our friendship, more like blood, alongside each other for the rest of our lives.

I couldn’t think of a person who deserved the goodness of the world more than you. You are one of the funniest, sensitive, caring, loving, warm hearted and delightful souls in the world. And if anyone deserves happiness - it is you. I mean that from the very bottom of my heart.

I will never forget the way you held my hand when I couldn’t even feel it, when I cried tears of pain, year after year, everytime I looked around you were there standing right beside me. Even when everyone else had left. You never did. Even if it meant risking everything to be my friend. You did. You held me in your arms and told me you would never let me go through anything alone - and you never did. You were my strength when I had lost the desire to live. You guided me through the darkness when I couldn’t see the day of light. You even replaced all my make up when it had been stolen. ‘Don’t cry babe, I’ll get you some new make up, and nicer make up, that monkey can keep it' my tears turned to laughter. You always knew exactly what to say.

You wiped my tears and made me laugh on the long drives home, your words made me laugh so much. I forgot about the tears and the pain. Till this day you still manage to do that.
You laughed and rejoiced with me when I came back to life. You were there with arms wide open letting me back in your life, when I didn’t even deserve a place in it, but you did. You opened your arms and loved me like I had never been away. That..I will never forget.

And today you shared with me the news, and part of me already knew, I could feel it, I was waiting for you to tell me, and today you did;

You’re going to be a mother

It feels like yesterday I made that beautiful speech at your wedding and now my childhood friend is about to grow up and become a mother. I couldn’t think of a more caring, nurturing, warm hearted and strong woman to be this childs mother. You are going to uplift, encourage and uphold this child so much and fill it with overflowing love. It is going to be the abundantly blessed by you. And you my precious friend - You deserve everything your beautiful heart has ever desired and or dreamed of and more. So much more.

Thank you for being my friend, I can’t believe how fast time flies and how things change, people change, our lives change but thank you for forever staying the same. For forever having the open heart and for always being here for me. Sev, I would not have made some of my hardest days if you hadn’t held my hand through it all. Or had some of the most fun and memorable nights on this earth had you not been there by my side to share it with me.
I love you dearly and I can’t wait to meet this beautiful child you have living inside of you. Already I can see the glow, I can see the deep care and love you have for it. It has a strong mother and an amazing father. It’s going to be extremely blessed to have your love lavished upon it, for it is rare to find a love and heart like yours (and of course Charlie’s).
I love you forever!
S. xxxxxxxxoooooxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment